Well my plans have gone a bit to pot at the moment. My son had earache so we couldn’t go away last weekend, so I had planned on going away this weekend. I found a site in Wrexham, the nearest county to us. It took a while to find one that was literally not on our door step and we found one. It was a Caravan Club site so I looked at the details and debated on whether or not to join and decided I would as there seems more Welsh sites than the Caravan and Camping Club. Then I looked on the availability checker and saw it was booked up for the next three weekends with no spaces. I would possibly expect that in August, but at the beginning of March. All those caravanners must book early. Well, I’m not joining if I can’t book a site. It put me off a bit. Sometimes you just want to go away on the hoof and I don’t want to book everything miles in advance. Back to the drawing board. I’ll have to look for another site.
On the plus side, it’s great the weather’s made a turn for the better. We took my mum-in-law to Chasewater near Burntwood/Brownhills last weekend and we managed to go to Lake Vyrnwy the other day. http://www.lake-vyrnwy.com/ I’ve got loads of photos to sort through from Lake Vyrnwy which I’ll post soon. Meanwhile I need to find a good campsite not too far away ready for this weekend which isn’t booked up.